Sizing for your AirTouch F20
- You can print your ResMed sizing guide here . Remember to print to scale, as you’ll have to cut out your guide from the document you print. If you prefer, we can also send you a sizing guide by mail, simply send us your posting details.
- Once you have your sizing guide: Use a mirror and hold the sizing guide to your face. The top of the guide should correspond with the top of your nasal bridge. The lower part of the guide indicates which mask size is best for your face. The size that aligns with the crease below your lower lip will be your best fit.
- If you’re between sizes, we recommend selecting the larger option for greater comfort.
- As an alternative to using a sizing guide, you can also use a straight ruler to measure the distance from the bridge of your nose (between your eyes) to the dip between your lower lip and your chin. Different measurements correspond to the following sizes:
Between 74-86 mm: Small
Between 86-98 mm: Medium
Between 98-110 mm: Large
Fitting your AirTouch F20
- Unclip the EasyClick Magnets.
- With the mask held against your face, pull the headgear over your head. Ensure the top of the mask cushion is sitting comfortably at the top of your nasal bridge. The bottom of your headgear should settle comfortably at the top of your neck – with the top of the headgear sitting on your crown.
- Bring each of the magnets up to meet their corresponding clips on the frame.
- Adjust the tabs on the upper headgear straps.
- Adjust the tabs on the lower headgear straps.
- With your device still switched off, connect your device tubing to your mask elbow.
- Connect the elbow to your mask.
- To ensure your fit will work with your therapy: switch on your device and position yourself as if you are to begin therapy (e.g. lying down in bed).
- Adjust your upper straps.
- Adjust your lower straps.
- Practice reseating your cushion – pull your mask away from your face, allow your cushion to reassume its natural shape, and then resettle your cushion on your face, with the top of the cushion sitting at the top of your nasal bridge.
Disassembling your AirTouch F20
- Remove elbow from frame.
- Unclip the EasyClick Magnets.
- Undo upper headgear tabs.
- Pull strapping away from frame.
- Pull cushion away from frame.
Assembling your AirTouch F20
- Attach cushion to frame.
- Attach the EasyClick Magnets.
- Connect upper headgear straps.
- Connect elbow to mask frame.
These instructions are for general information purpose only. For full details consult the user guide.
Managing leaks with your AirTouch F20
- Leak often occurs when your mask’s seal is compromised by movement, incorrect fitting or improper sizing.
- To find a source of leak, run your finger along the edge of your mask’s seal. Once located, adjust your headgear.
- Resolve any leak in the upper part of your mask by adjusting your upper straps.
- Resolve lower mask leak with your lower straps.
- If leak persists, reseal by turning off your device, pulling your mask away from your face, allowing your cushion to reassume its natural shape, and then resettling your mask cushion on your face, with the top of the cushion sitting at the top of your nasal bridge.
- If leak continues, you may need a different size mask. Try our sizing guide or speak to your healthcare provider about getting a different size mask.
Maintaining your AirTouch F20
- To maintain optimum therapy performance, your mask should be checked regularly for signs of damage and deterioration.
- When cleaning your mask, you should also check each component for damage. Your cushion, frame, tubing, elbow and headgear should all be regularly checked for cracks and tears.
- If any component of your mask is cracked or torn, it may be damaged and in need of replacement.
- To ensure optimum comfort and seal, we recommend regularly replenishing your AirTouch F20 mask cushion.
Cleaning your AirTouch F20 (Daily)
- Disassemble mask.
- If required, wipe your cushion with a CPAP wipe or equivalent and then allow to dry. Important – do not get cushion wet.
- Rinse frame and elbow under running water. Clean each component with a soft bristle brush.
- Soak components in warm water with mild liquid detergent for up to ten minutes.
- Shake components in water.
- Brush moving parts of elbow and around vent holes.
- Brush areas of frame where arms connect, and inside and outside the frame where the elbow connects.
- Rinse components under running water.
- Leave components to air dry out of direct sunlight – making sure to squeeze the arms of the frame to ensure excess water is removed.
Cleaning your AirTouch F20 (Weekly)
- Disassemble mask. EasyClick magnets can remain attached to headgear during cleaning.
- Handwash headgear in warm water with mild liquid detergent.
- Rinse headgear under running water. Inspect to ensure headgear is clean and detergent free. Wash and rinse again, if necessary.
- Squeeze headgear to remove excess water.
- Leave headgear to air dry out of direct sunlight.
All you need to know about travelling with your therapy equipment, from using a universal power supply to altitude adjustment.
Tips and guidelines to set up your therapy equipment correctly.
With your therapy underway and equipment set up, the one last and important step of this journey is following up on your treatment. Here’s what you need to know.