The benefits of treatment
Studies have shown that noninvasive ventilation (NIV) can improve the symptoms of respiratory failure associated with restrictive lung disease.
- Better gas exchange (ie, the right amount of oxygen and carbon dioxide in your blood)
- Better blood circulation
- Less pressure placed on your heart
- Less effort needed to breathe on your own
- Normal sleep patterns with fewer apneas
- Fewer hospital visits
- Better quality of life
- Relief from shortness of breath
NIV can help improve your quality of life, so that you can still get out and about with your ventilator and enjoy life as much as possible.