A global leader in digital health
At ResMed, we pioneer innovative solutions that treat and keep people out of the hospital, empowering them to live healthier, higher-quality lives. Our digital health technologies and cloud-connected medical devices, transform care for people with sleep apnoea, and other chronic diseases.
Information regarding Philips’ recall* (June 2021)
On Monday, June 14, 2021, Philips issued a U.S. voluntary recall notification and rest-of-world field safety notice (Philips June 2021 recall* below) for certain CPAP and ventilator devices. ResMed devices are not impacted by this recall and are safe for patients to use. ResMed devices use a different material for sound reduction than the material used by Philips.
Patient safety is ResMed’s most important goal.
An estimated 936 million people suffer from sleep apnoea or sleep suffocation – the upper airway closes off causing the body to jolt “awake” to take breaths throughout the night.1
ResMed provides: CPAP therapy that’s smaller, quieter, more comfortable, more connected.
- 4% fewer inpatient and emergency dept. visits for every nightly hour slept on CPAP2
- 62% lower all-cause mortality rate when treating sleep apnoea with CPAP3
- 87% patient adherence when remotely and self monitored4
Learn more about sleep apnoea:
COPD and lung diseases
An estimated 380 million people suffer from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease,5 the world’s third leading killer.6 ResMed provides the world’s most complete solution suite throughout a patient’s journey.
- Cloud-connected invasive, non-invasive, and bilevel ventilation devices
- Non-invasive ventilation (NIV) reduces one-year risk of death by 76%7
- Portable oxygen enables mobility; regular physical activity is linked to lower risk of hospitalization, death8
- Propeller Health digital sensor and app connect to most COPD/asthma inhalers. For asthma, it helps increase symptom-free days 48%9 and reduce emergency visits 53%10
Learn more about COPD:
Our executive team
ResMed’s executive team is committed to the highest standards of ethics and professional integrity, translating to great partnerships with our customers, our suppliers, and with our global ResMed team.
1. Benjafield AV et al. Lancet Respir Med 2019
2. Kirsch DB et al. J Clin Sleep Med 2019
3. Lisan Q et al. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2019
4. Malhotra A et al. Chest 2018
5. Adeloye D et al. J Glob Health 2015
6. WHO. https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death. Accessed Jun 19, 2020.
7. Garcia-Aymerich J et al. Thorax 2006
8. Kohnlein T et al. Lancet Respir Med 2014
9. Barrett M et al. Health Aff 2018
10. Merchant R et al. World Allergy Organ J 2018