Astral™ 100 & Astral™ 150
- Astral 100 and Astral 150 are award-winning, portable, life support ventilators designed with your quality of life in mind.
- In 2014, Astral won the prestigious Red Dot Design Award and also went on to win Australia’s Good Design Award
With Astral you can feel confident you’re receiving ventilation that suits your respiratory needs, giving you the freedom to live life more fully. Astral has a small, sleek, sturdy design, enabling you to be ventilated as well in the home as you would be in hospital.
When it comes to life support ventilation, everyone’s needs are different. IntelligentAir is a collection of ResMed technologies that delivers individually-responsive ventilation to suit you, with: intelligent Volume-Assured Pressure Support (iVAPS) mode to target your alveolar ventilation; an intelligent Backup Rate (iBR) to provide backup breaths when needed; and AutoEPAP to maintain an open upper airway.
- Lightweight. Weighing just 3.2 kg, Astral makes it easy to be mobile.
- Optional mobility bags. A choice of 2 mobility bags can protect Astral when you’re on the move: the Astral mobility bag, which has room for all of Astral’s essential accessories, and the lighter but smaller SlimFit mobility bag, with a pouch for the power supply or external battery. The bags’ transparent panels mean you can access the touchscreen easily. Broad, wide straps enable you to carry them comfortably over your shoulder or mount them on a wheelchair.
- Easy to use. Astral’s menu is straightforward and intuitive. It has a large colour LCD display. The display gives your clinicians and carers essential information about your condition.
- Pre-settable and saved programs. Because your breathing needs may change throughout the day, Astral can save multiple programs and settings. At the press of a button, you can switch to the pre-set program most suitable for you at the time.
- Alarms. Features fixed and adjustable alarms, including an advanced disconnection alarm for added reassurance.
- The optional remote alarm II can keep you connected to your carers when you’re alone.
- Easy start and stop. A big-button feature on the main display allows you to start or stop the ventilator, or mute the alarm, simply by touching the screen.
- Versatile. Can be used with a mask, mouthpiece or tracheostomy. Astral is used for both adults and children, with a range of breathing disorders including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and neuromuscular disease.
Do you have questions about your ResMed sleep apnoea device? We’ve got answers! Browse our sleep apnoea device support library and discover solutions to make sure you’re getting the most out of your therapy.